Deploying to many Computers
Following are the steps to deploy CoreLogic Mobile Claims to many computers on a domain:
- Download the latest setup package from symbility.net. The filename should look something like “CoreLogic_mobile_claims_PC_v.XX.XX.XX.exe”.
- Open a command prompt and go to the folder containing the setup package.
- The first step is to extract the .msi file from the package file, so type: CoreLogic_mobile_claims_PC.exe /a
- Wait until the package is done extracting, then click Next.
- You will then be prompted for a destination folder. Choose a folder where you want to extract the .msi file and related files/folders from the setup package.
- The “CoreLogic Mobile Claims.msi” file and 3 folders (Common, program files,System32) should now be in your destination folder.
- Copy the files and folders on a network share to which all users have read access.
- From the domain controller computer, open the Group Policy Object Editor for the specific domain or organizational unit. This can be done from the Active Directory Users and Computers window: right-click on your domain, sub-domain or organizational unit, choose Properties, go to the Group Policy tab, and double-click on the group policy you want to change and/or create a new one.
- From the Group Policy Object Editor window, go to Computer Configuration / Software Settings / Software installation, right-click in the right panel, and choose New / Package.
Once Package is created.
- Go to the network share where you copied .msi package and select it.
- Choose “Assigned” and click OK.
- CoreLogic Mobile Claims will be installed automatically when the computers using that Group Policy are rebooted.
- If there are errors during the installation, they will appear in the event log of the client computers.
You can also refer to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/use-group-policy-to-install-software
for a good article on deploying a .msi file to many computers.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback