Resetting local MDB or DB Files
Resetting the local MDB or DB files is a troubleshooting step that can assist in diagnosing whether an unexpected error in Mobile Claims is the result of a corrupt database.
It is critically important that, when following these steps, old database files are NOT deleted or overwritten, but are renamed and preserved. Deleting or overwriting these files will cause an unrecoverable loss of data and work in Mobile Claims.
We encourage you to contact Symbility technical support at 1-877-862-8069 for general troubleshooting assistance if you are considering resetting your database files.
Resetting the local database
1. Log in to Mobile Claims.
2. Release ownership of all claims - an easy way to do this is the following:
Click on the “Misc” menu
Click on “Mark All Currently Owned Claims for Release”
3. Once the sync is successful, close Mobile Claims.
4. Using Windows Explorer, go in the folder where Mobile Claims is installed (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Symbility Mobile Claims).
5. Rename the file “mClaim.mdb” to “mClaim.old.mdb”.
6. Rename the file “mClaim.ini” to “mClaim.old.ini”.
7. Launch Mobile Claims and log in.
If you are unable to log in, steps 1 and 2 will not be possible. Once you complete the process, the claims you own on this device will need to be revoked so that you can regain ownership.If this process does not resolve your problem, then the files can be put back to regain access to these claims.
Recovery of corrupt database files
It is possible to recover corrupt DB files. Please contact Symbility technical support 1-877-862-8069 for assistance.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback